cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi boosters

Beckyblue23
Tuning in

Hi 

I am trying to get a hold of someone higher up re my Wi-Fi booster. My booster nearly caught fire!! These are a fire risk & chat was not bothered at all with the pictures I sent them. I cant believe they offered me another one,as if I would put another one in my house! This is a serious situation that you are giving out to people & not caring. If I had gone away for the weekend I would not have a house to come back to! 

16 REPLIES 16

Sigh. Yes it is indeed John and not what I was expecting to see tbh once the photos were cleared. These are indeed the newer Plume PowerPod ones so I am guessing that the originals of these pods are now, well, finishing life with a bang in a similar way to the very old boosters now seem to do as regularly as firecrackers during Chinese New Year.

Becky can you remember when you first got this pod please to help us better monitor the situation? Thank you. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Probably last year!

I never used it to begin with & only started to use round Xmas time when I had my daughter staying to boost the wifi upstairs 

That’s when it went into the hall so it has only been on for a couple of months which is quite concerning in itself!! 

I am hardly going to use it!!

it nearly set my house on fire so it is well away from anything!

Maybe VM can send a mixed consignment of its boosters and pods to Moscow to help improve the WiFi in Putin's dachas.

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Beckyblue23 wrote:

I am hardly going to use it!!

it nearly set my house on fire so it is well away from anything!

YES...  Its a potential house fire issue !!  Unplug it and put it out in the shed until VM want to replace it

The relevant VM team is aware of this and investigating the issue.  Keep us posted on progress

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is very serious Becky, you have had a lucky escape and I sympathise with your distress. 

The wall socket should be replaced by a competent electrician, as it may have suffered more damage than just the burn marks. VM will have to pay for this work of course. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

How many fire hazards will it take for VM to stop giving out pod

---------------------------------------------------------------