Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New stock s24U still have grainy displays

(Topic created on: 28-02-2024 01:27 PM)
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Long story short I had three different s24u devices to check the displays, all devices showed this weird film grain defect.

1 pre order, release date device. Vietnam.
1 samsung exclusive colour (Feb) made in Vietnam.
1 new stock, gray, (Feb) made in Korea 

Last device made in Korea was newly brought in stock for the UK. 

All three devices had this oled mura grain,
I'm assuming that Samsung has just decided to cut corners on their displays.

I have a couple of colleagues that also have the s24u and will ask them if I can check their displays.

So far seems most units have this, I don't know if people who claim that they don't have this issue actually know what mura looks like.

Anyways food for thought. 

49 REPLIES 49
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think it's reasonable to say we all see things differently when looking at the displays @_Jonno  👀 

Personally I do not see these issues on my display however if you were at the side of me looking at my phone it's fair to say that you might see it. 

I in no way am dismissing what owners have seen and reported in anyway. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How do you check the date and country of the phone ?

Kofena
Pioneer
Options
@_Jonno, I hate to admit it, I cannot see the difference.
0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

It would be nice if you post a link to the image or video you used to test for mura. My screen has no issues when checking at  https://fpstest.org/dead-pixel-test/ - all images are even and no mura is observed

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If it had any truth, you know DxO and other display test companies would've reported it. I think it's just hysteria.
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

Well, they have reported uniformity issues, but my display has none. What gives?

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Well OP is claiming the majority of phones have it, but you haven't seen it, I haven't seen it on mine and just about anyone else who responded hasn't. But they claim we wouldn't know it if we saw it? Forgive me for saying, but it stands to reason, it's likely the majority do not have this issue. It's not like I don't own several Samsung OLED displays. I'm quite certain if there was a recognisable display problem, I'd notice it.
0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah, and that is why I asked for a picture or a video that can be used to test for the mura effect the OP has observed on three devices.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's purely an anecdotal claim. If they were serious about it, they would've provided legitimate proof already.
0 Likes