Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Scam with Netcredit

tag
Alucard
New Contributor

Email Scam with Netcredit

(Mods - I am posting this here since it's a potential personal loan scam, if this belongs somewhere else let me know)

I received an email from netcredit stating my personal loan application was still pending. I googled them to see if they were legit and saw that their products were reviewed on multiple trusted sites. I then emailed them from the email address I pulled from their website and received a concering response (see image). I'm unsure if this is a legit scam or if their practice is to literally request so much compromising information.

Screenshot 2023-02-25 132818.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Re: Email Scam with Netcredit

@Alucard wrote:

(Mods - I am posting this here since it's a potential personal loan scam, if this belongs somewhere else let me know)

I received an email from netcredit stating my personal loan application was still pending. I googled them to see if they were legit and saw that their products were reviewed on multiple trusted sites. I then emailed them from the email address I pulled from their website and received a concering response (see image). I'm unsure if this is a legit scam or if their practice is to literally request so much compromising information.

Screenshot 2023-02-25 132818.jpg

Looks shady.

I don't get why you would have to have your bank account information in the police report. It would seem to me that thwt would further expose you. 

Shady.

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 20K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 6.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 2 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Did you apply? If not. Call them and let them know it wasnt you.

Message 3 of 7
privacyadvocate69
Contributor

I get scam spams from various places virtually daily.  It's not really a news-worthy event anymore.  Most people just delete it and move on (:

Lately we have been getting this scam:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-media-release/cbp-warns-residents-phone-scam-2

We have fun with it - keep them on the phone as long as possible. 

They finally stopped calling when we said it would be nice if we DID get arrested so that we would have some relief from having to go to work.

Message 4 of 7
JacquiS
New Visitor

It's a scam. I got an email saying my loan application was denied with some random TransUnion credit score added to it. I never applied for any loans and there is a freeze on all of my reports so my credit cannot be ran unless I am the one requesting it. When I emailed them back they sent me the same email you posted, wanting a police report with my banking info!! Nope!! I've never heard of this company let alone applied for anything with them. I did check all of my reports and they are not listed anywhere, not even on the inquires, so they are phishing. 

Message 5 of 7
msalinas33
New Visitor

I just got an email from them this morning stating my loan application was denied. I never applied for anything here recently. I have enough CC's and bank accounts. So I went their website and did the forgot password thingy, since apparently they have my email. I reset the password and logged in this "My account". They had a very old address that I haven't lived at in 10+ years, and no bank info in this "profile". Some random number that doesn't look familiar to me. I called their customer number and told them I haven't applied for anything with them. They asked if I have credit karma and other credit monitorinig services and applied through anything through them? I told them I do have them but I haven't applied for anything. Then they stated I need to file a police report within 7 days to give to them to launch invesitgation. I asked them so you can't tell me when this "application" was submitted? She said no. Then started to tell me again about police report and bank information needs to be listed on the report. I told her well when I logged into this account there was nothing listed....so why you need my bank information? She then tried to say, "well i dont need it". I replied you just said you need it with the police report. Then she try to get rude with me and I told her yall a scam. 

!!!!EMAIL SNAPSHOT ( COULDN'T POST SCREEN SHOT)!!!!!

Date: November 8, 2023, 03:47:20 AM Central Time
Applicant's Name: John 
Account #: 
Application #
Applicant's Address: 

Dear Applicant: Thank you for your recent application. Your request for consumer credit was carefully considered, and we regret that we are unable to approve your application at this time, for the following reason(s):

• Delinquent past or present credit obligations with others.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you should contact:

Creditor: Republic Bank & Trust Company
Republic Bank & Trust Company
4030 Smith Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45209
Serviced by NetCredit (877) 392-2014

Message 6 of 7
robbycough
New Visitor

This just happened to me this morning. I've been getting a lot of spam calls about loans lately (pre-approvals from sketchy-sounding companies) but this was an email saying I was declined because I had already been declined in the last year. I called up, got connected to someone through Google Voice (always a red flag) and got some guy on the phone that sounded like he was whispering in a closet. He sent me the email about needing to file a police report and when I saw it would have to include my bank account information, decided not to proceed. I'm not sure why Netcredit looking into this matter would require a police report with my banking info, as I never received funding ( which would render that information unnecessary). Instead, I pulled my credit report and there are no unfamiliar inquiries so despite Netcredit's professional-looking website, am calling b.s. on this one. I'd sure love to hear about other experiences, however.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.