Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Company website blocked on Vodafone

emas
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

our company website www.faceit.com is being blocked by Vodafone since yesterday, stating that the SSL certificate is not valid.

The SSL certificate is valid, this is happening only when using the Vodafone mobile network.

Would it be possible to fix the issue, as it's affecting our users?

Thank you

18 REPLIES 18

Effie

Hey @emas I hope you're doing well. I've raised this to the team now and as soon as they have an update for us, we'll let you know here. 

Hi,  I have a website that has been blocked on Vodafone. The websites on data pops up with an age restriction message and warning.  The website in question has an autheticated SSL certificate and works fine on Wifi and other mobile operators.  Please can you unblock this website.  https://warringtonislamicassociation.org.uk/

Thank you 

Hi @AuraGlow 👋 I have raised this with the relevant team so this can be reviewed, once we hear back from them we will be back in touch here.

Hey @emas I hope you are doing well. We have had a response from the reclassification team. They have said the following:

Dear customer,

The web page www.faceit.com for which you requested a review cannot be unblocked as it is from a category to which access has been denied from the computer you are using. 

If you have any queries, you are advised to contact your filtering service administrator or the person who purchased the product.

Hi,

I do not understand the answer. Would you please reformulate?

Like I said, the website does not work on phones using the Vodafone mobile network, it works in every other possible combination of browsers, phones, OS, mobile provider, Internet providers.

It works on desktops, if works if the users are on WIFI.

It sounds like the team are advising that it is not the Vodafone network blocking access @emas but the security features on the devices that are unable to connect on. The team have tested it and are able to access the site on Vodafone laptops and mobiles with and without SecureNet and Vodafone Content Controls. I am also able to access the site on a Vodafone SIM with no issues. 

Thank you for replying.

I have asked to check again, in the meantime this is what users are experiencing on the devices - you can see the "commonName" which has nothing to do with my company:

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 18.39.38.pngsimulator_screenshot_C5AEA5ED-DBA3-4EBB-9301-53D03E50D189.png

Thanks for sending those screenshots over @emas So those pictures don't actually indicate that the issue is with our network. If we were blocking the site the error message very specifically states that it is either Vodafone Content Controls or SecureNet. An error like that is to do with the site itself. I have checked the website for any malware or spam that could be causing that (you can also check by popping the URL into this checker here) but the testing shows no issues. Can you have your IT team take a look at the site to see if their testing can find what is causing it? 

Regarding the Common Name under 'Issuer Name' showing as Allot. This is the company that deal with all categorizations of most, if not all, websites. When we raised your site to them to see if it was correctly categorized, and to check if our network was blocking it, they are the ones that have run the testing and determined that the website is accessible on Vodafone and it is correctly categorized. 

I work for FACEIT, I am from the infrastructure department and I can tell you everything is fine our side.

The site is reachable from every country of the world, it works under every Internet provider, and every mobile network.

We have millions of users in the entire world.

The only ones who can't access the site are UK users on Vodafone mobile network, through a web browser, from last Thursday.

I think this is pointing at something wrong on your side, more than ours.

The SSL certificate coming from Allot for www.faceit.com is clearly wrong. The traffic is redirected to Vodafone, and there it stops.

This is something new, from a Chrome mobile browser, after clicking "Yes proceed".

IMG_2745.png