cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to purchase Basics SIM – checkout crashes.

Foamalert
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I’m having a problem purchasing a Vodafone Basics SIM from this page:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/basics/c/

I select the one that I want (4GB for £6) and add it to the basket.

I keep the options as their defaults because I don’t want an eSIM and I’m not joining from another network.

But then when I proceed to the checkout the webpage appears to load the secure checkout correctly but then after 5 seconds an error message pops up.

The message says to ring 08080 408 408, but those particular SIM contracts are only available from the website and the call centre people can’t help, and neither can those on live chat.

I’m not even a customer of Vodafone yet but I’m already having a bad experience with them. It’s been 3 weeks since I first tried to do this and the problem still exists. I’ve tried different browsers, different computers, smartphones etc. I’ve also tried selecting other Basic plans on that same page as a trial but they also fail at checkout.

Could someone else try adding one of those talkplans to their basket and see if the secure checkout stays active for more than 5 seconds?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

May I ask have you tried clearing your browsers history and cache and cookies and allow pop ups to try again or try ordering on another device @Foamalert 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's working for me.

Perhaps try using a Wi-Fi connection @Foamalert 

Screenshot_20210904-180901_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then

Screenshot_20210904-180912_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current Phone  >

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

Working just fine for me:

Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 18.11.53.png

Just to clarify - I too can get the Secure Checkout to show up initially (see below) but, like I say, after about 5 seconds I get the error message as shown in the lower screenshot. I appreciate the screenshots that you've posted for me already, but could you confirm that the secure checkout stayed active for you long enough for you to be able to enter details in the fields. For me the secure checkout only stays for about 5 seconds which isn't even long enough to select from the drop down box 'Who are you buying for today?'

Vodafone Basics Checkout.png

Vodafone Basics Error.png

I've tried on microsoft edge and google chrome and I've asked a family member in another house to try via their mobile phone with identical results, so I doubt it'll be a cache/ history problem. I'll give it try though.

Sorry to be a pain, but I've not really got any other options for where I can go for help. I'm not on Twitter or Facebook so I can't contact Vodafone that way.

Thanks.

WelshPaul

No error message here:

Screenshot_20210904-224725_Samsung Internet.jpg

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Foamalert 

In my case the open page remained active to allow me to fill in my personal information.

Current Phone  >

Thankyou for those responses.

I'll consider it a problem at my end and try to find a workaround.

EDIT: I have just been around to a relative's house to get them to try, but the results were exactly the same. They tried on recent Samsung and iPhone smartphones and also on their microsoft surface.

Surely this must be a problem with the website? I've tried to do this via loads of different methods now, all with the same results. Surely all of these methods can't be having a problem with cache, cookies and history? Presumably the majority of customers who are trying to purchase these SIM's are also coming up against the same issue?

Can anyone help me sort this out please?

I'm having exactly the same problem here.  Doesn't matter which device, browser, wifi or 4G - the result is the same "something went wrong".

Hey @Foamalert I hope you're well 😊 It's disappointing to hear that you've been having trouble ordering your SIM only plan on our website despite all of the troubleshooting you've done. 

I've tested the journey now and I haven't encountered the same issue you did. Could you try again for me and if you still get the same error, please do a screen recording and pop it over to our Social Media team here so we can get this reported and resolved 🙂