PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
181 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
160 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
128 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
121 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
82 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
16 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
16 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
2 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Michael Mills, Eddie & the Showmen drummer

Page 1 of 1

One of Eddie & the Showmen drummers has his own website. It has this text and a photo I've never seen before:

Michael Mills

"Michael's drumming days started early, at age three or four, banging on pans, buckets and boxes in his playroom. At age 14, he met a guitar player named Larry Carlton. They played music together throughout high school and college.

In Southern California, surf music was the thing then. Every Friday night, six or seven hundred kids jammed into the Retail Clerks Union Hall in Buena Park to hear Eddie and the Showmen. Each week, the group backed up a special guest performer, and Michael got to play behind the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis, The Drifters, Dick Dale, and The Coasters."

Ivan

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

You know what would be cool, and correct me if I am just ignorant of an already existing site, but I think that an online gallery of first wave concert shots would be cool. Maybe this could be part of SG101, or maybe it already exists, but if we could unearth a bunch of 'never-before-seen' live shots of early first wavers that would be totally killer.

John Anderson, one of the rhythm guitarists from Eddie and the Showman, lives in Mammoth Lakes and we've been jamming with him the past few times we've played up there. What a blast to be jamming with a first waver! He's still got it baby! Maybe we should all rally around an Eddie and the Showmen reunion?!?!?!?!?!?

Just a thought.

Paul The Pyronaut

dwgregory1
You know what would be cool, and correct me if I am just ignorant of an already existing site, but I think that an online gallery of first wave concert shots would be cool. Maybe this could be part of SG101, or maybe it already exists, but if we could unearth a bunch of 'never-before-seen' live shots of early first wavers that would be totally killer.

That's EXACTLY what has been on my mind this morning, as well!!

Ivan

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Let's do it!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Heck yes! I'd like to see some live shots of the early Del-Tones! Seeing those small shots from the crowd in the rendevous ballroom thread got me thinkin' about the height of the first wave. I always enjoy scopin' out early stage setups, and checkin' out what they were working with as opposed to us these days. Looks like personal photo albums will have to be plundered.

Page 1 of 1