Kizlyar Sensei in AUS 8 or D2? Or even worth buying?

I been tempted to buy a Kizlyar Supreme Sensei. My 3 questions are this.
1. Is the Kizlyar Supreme a true Russian made knife or Chinese made knife using made in Russia logo?
2. Should I choose D2 for longer edge holding or AUS 8 for toughness and chip resistance?
3. Or should I just look into a USA made Entrek Headhunter in 440C steel?

I ask this because there seems to be lots of confusion on Kizlyar supreme and research on the forums is so far leaving me with more questions than answers.

24434_EN42-01.jpg

kizlyar-supreme-sensei-aus-8-satin.jpg

Last edited:
Kizlyar Supreme aren't made in Russia.

Get a real Kizlyar knife instead,they are great knives.i own two and they survived all my abuse so far for the last 12 years...or an Entrek,they seem to be very good from what i've read.

Get a real Kizlyar knife instead,they are great knives.i own two and they survived all my abuse so far for the last 12 years...or an Entrek,they seem to be very good from what i've read.

I had, for a short time, a proper Russian-made Kizlyar Shashka.

It was a beautiful sword, top quality stuff. The Russian-Made Kizlyar (NOT supreme!) are world-class.

I kinda noticed upon close up knife pictures that the Kizlyar Sensei says Kizlyar Supreme. Upon research from Russian Blades website that Kizlyar (Not Kizlyar Supreme) has different blade marks and Russian writing.

I kinda noticed upon close up knife pictures that the Kizlyar Sensei says Kizlyar Supreme. Upon research from Russian Blades website that Kizlyar (Not Kizlyar Supreme) has different blade marks and Russian writing.

Kizlyar and Kizlyar Supreme are two different brands.IMHO, KS is trying to cash in on Kizlyars name.

I think Kizlyar is a place in Russia.the russian equivalent of Solingen.

btw. i own the Korshun and Orlan from Kizlyar.

both very excellent knives with the most comfortable handles (Elastron) i've ever handled.

it's also one of the few brands that offers knives with hollow grinds but with a strong tip.

i'm gonna order myself a Phoenix 1 now :)

Zphoenix2_1.jpg

it's also available with the same Elastron handle as the others.
its one mean looking blade

Disappointing thread, no pics.
Plenty of pics of the stuff in Blade Forums. I am merely wanting a few answers from members who actually owned the knives or have experience with the companies I mentioned.
And judging by your reply I can safely guess you do not have any experience with Kizlyar or Entrek.
But sure. I will post a picture just for you.
24434_EN42-01.jpg
kizlyar-supreme-sensei-aus-8-satin.jpg

Last edited:
Zphoenix2_1.jpg

it's also available with the same Elastron handle as the others.
its one mean looking blade

It seems Kizlyar are purely combat and assault blade oriented. I wish they made something similar to the Sensei. But I can tell just by the pictures between the 2 companies. That genuine Kizlyar are better built than Kizlyar Supreme.

Well I slept overnight on it and decided to hold off buying both the Kizlyar Supreme Sensei and Entrek Headhunter.

I would like to have this thread locked down by a Moderator or Admin. Reason being I changed my mind about both brands and won't be purchasing either one. Due to lack of Info on these companies and Kizlyar Supreme blatantly lying about country of origin. Which tells me they probably lie about their steels also.

Please lock this thread down.

Back