AppSheet - Dynamic Calculator( Multiple row inputs at the same time)

Hi Appsheet Community 

I am busying building an ERP for an international trade company and need some assistance with the following: 

One of the modules I'm looking for build is a trade calculator.

Essentially an area to select certain inputs(some dynamic some referenced from other tables) Eg. Clients are selected from a referenced clients table so that you can either select an existing client or add a new one. 

And other inputs are automatically filled in depending on what your selection is. Eg. A cost of Shipping rate is pulled from a table depending on a port pairing like, Sydney to Madrid. 

My question is this: 

How could I create something like this that can have multiple instances of it showing at the same time? 

I know there is the form view, but is there another way to do this that would allow multiple row inputs all at one? 

Solved Solved
0 1 356
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Table views have a Quick Edit setting you can turn on that allows the rows of the Table to be edited within the table structure.  The columns adhere to the column settings for editability, dropdown choices, validation, etc.

You can either allow the users activate the Table Quick Edit feature by tapping the system supplied button to switch the view to edit mode

OR...if you want to open a view already in Edit mode you can supply the "quickedit=" parameter like shown below:

CONCATENATE(LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("The Table Name", [Column] = [_THISROW].[Filter Column]), "&quickedit=true")

The downside to the QuickEdit?   

• No ability to add rows, so the rows will need to be added beforehand.
  • No ability to attach custom actions on Save.  You will have to rely on Bots to apply additional functionality.

Setting to turn on QuickEdit

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 11.21.56 AM.png

How a User can activate Quick Edit

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 12.12.33 PM.png

Example of Editable Table view

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 12.00.45 PM.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Table views have a Quick Edit setting you can turn on that allows the rows of the Table to be edited within the table structure.  The columns adhere to the column settings for editability, dropdown choices, validation, etc.

You can either allow the users activate the Table Quick Edit feature by tapping the system supplied button to switch the view to edit mode

OR...if you want to open a view already in Edit mode you can supply the "quickedit=" parameter like shown below:

CONCATENATE(LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("The Table Name", [Column] = [_THISROW].[Filter Column]), "&quickedit=true")

The downside to the QuickEdit?   

• No ability to add rows, so the rows will need to be added beforehand.
  • No ability to attach custom actions on Save.  You will have to rely on Bots to apply additional functionality.

Setting to turn on QuickEdit

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 11.21.56 AM.png

How a User can activate Quick Edit

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 12.12.33 PM.png

Example of Editable Table view

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 12.00.45 PM.png

Top Labels in this Space